Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Why DIY is so popular here....

I called up the realestate agent office to inform them about the faulty water heater.

The receptionist asked if I had tried to reignite the pilot flame as the water heater operates on gas. She then told me that she could telephone the plumber to come and have a look, but if the issue can be solved by just pushing the correct button then I will need to pay for the call out fee. The landlord will only pay the cost of repair if the heater was proven to be faulty.

I told her that I had tried to do so for almost two hours last night, so I don't think I could revive the heater. I asked her if I were to pay the cost, how much would it be.

"80 dollars." She answered.

1 comment:

chuafoo said...

Little Eyes, your entries were all so melancholic.. Come back to this part of the world, nearer to your family n friends..At least if they lao chou hao, it's in your own lo fu zi's style @#$%&!!